
Finally got back into the air after the longest gap in my flying career... 356 days. I think I actively missed flying on at least 300 of those days. I had made a pact with Alex that I would not let a year go by without flying. With the pressures of my new project, and the difficulties of getting a new leading edge for my glider (it got damaged in transit from the US), I only made it with 9 days to spare. In the end I borrowed a glider and flew at the Map of Africa in Wilderness with one other HG and a bunch of PGs, including Shela. I boated around in the mellow conditions for almost 2 hours before a gentle landing on the beach. It felt like I had never been gone and I loved every second of it. It just felt right.
"In a world full of people, only some want to fly,
Isn't that crazy? "
- Seal




We should make a every month or 6 weeks pact!! What do you think?
ReplyDelete