After a full day at work, I left the office at 5:15pm and raced to Signals with my father. Launched at 6:15pm into a perfect 30kph NW. Spent an hour boating around in the perfect conditions, climbing up Lion's Head a couple times, dive bombing the hikers on the top and flying through the wispy clouds forming on the cap. My aunt from Ireland was in town and arrived late with my mother to have a look at this hang gliding thing. I was soaring on top of Lion's Head when they arrived. Not content with viewing a distant speck, I was phoned on my cellphone and instructed to come back down to the launch so my aunt to could see me.
I thought that was pretty funny, but was happy to race back to the launch and perform before climbing back up Lion's Head again. By this time there was laminar cloud all over the Apostles and in the late evening sun it was seriously beautiful. I soared around, drinking it in, while the crew went down to the landing field. When everyone was in position I glided out and had a sweet landing at the Lighthouse. I derigged in the sunset with a beer and snacks obtained by my mother from the bar across the street. Fantastic. And they say hang gliding isn't a family sport ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



The shot with L.H. in the clouds is superb! A real treat to view your photography.
ReplyDelete